Friday, April 10, 2020

Caronavirus Spring Break Ideas

Most of us will continue to be at home over Spring Break.  For me, I appreciate the assignments teachers send out- as it helps to fill the day for my boys.   But with no school work to fill a portion of each day next week, I am left to figure out how to keep my kids busy, creative, and productive (and from annoying each other).  I will still keep a schedule/To Do list in place, but will need to fill the time that was set aside for school work. Here are some ideas for next week:

Greenway Fun: There are 52 miles of greenways in Mecklenburg County and a few paths scattered around Union County too (Twelve Mile Creek, and Mineral Springs).  If the weather holds up, we will load up our bikes and hit the trails. If you don't want the hassle of bikes, the greenways are great for walking and some are even paved and good for skates. My family's personal favorites are Four-Mile Creek, McAlpine, and Toby Creek. Try to stay as local as possible, keep your social distance, and enjoy the fresh air!

Treasure Hunt:  We have often participated in Geocaching, so my plan is to do something similar: plant clues at GPS coordinates around my neighborhood and send the boys on their way. This will definitely take some planning on my part, so if it seems like too much- these clues for a hunt inside or outside of your house may be just the thing you are looking for: https://kidactivities.net/40-scavenger-hunt-riddles-for-kids/

Home Field Day: There are many options for putting together a family field day: sack races, a water balloon toss, obstacle course, balloon tennis, water relays, etc.  Maybe let each member of the family choose and create an activity or two?

So what are your plans for Spring Break at Home?  Feel free to share your ideas in the comments below.  You can also check out these websites that Mrs. Mitchell shared that have a list of stay-at-home activities:

No comments:

Post a Comment