Monday, April 27, 2020

Parenting with Love and Logic- FREE Parenting Course if you register by April 30


Love and LogicAre you struggling as a parent? Feel like you are spending a lot of time time arguing, yelling, or fighting with your kids to just "do what they are told"?  You are not alone.  The stress of the Coronavirus and having to Shelter-At-Home has everyone, parents and kids, on edge. As I was personally searching for the best way to deal with my teenage son's 'back talk', I realized that Parenting with Love and Logic is a resource from which many of you may also benefit. I also discovered that they are offering the
for FREE through the month of April!  Yes, I realize that I have stumbled upon this resource on April 27th, only a few days before the offer ends. However, once you register for the course, it is available for 3 months.  Even if you only watch one module of this course, I promise that you will walk away with at least one new idea on how to be better parent. The course consists of 6 video modules that each last 30-45 minutes:
Module 1: Putting an End to Arguing, Back Talk and Begging
Module 2 Teaching Responsibility Without Losing Their Love
Module 3: Setting Limits Without Waging War
Module 4: Avoiding Power-Struggles
Module 5: Guiding Kids to Own and Solve Their Problems
Module 6: Teaching Kids to Complete Chores…Without Reminders and Without Pay

As a mom and school counselor, I will tell you that if I had to pick a favorite parenting method, this would be it:  Parenting with Love and Logic.  I've read the series multiple times and I return to it again and again when I feel that I am losing control as a mom. (And to be honest, these early teenage years bait me into arguing a lot more than I want.) The parenting philosophy is based upon a belief that if we set and enforce limits using compassion and empathy, and if we allow our children to feel the consequences (good or bad) of their choices, we will teach them appropriate behavior while developing a healthy, loving, and respectful relationship.  I especially love this parenting style because it is simple to learn and they have come up with suggestions on how to deal with most every parenting situation from toddlers to teens.  When I feel "stuck", I often go to their website or open one of their books and look up their suggested response.  It is the closest thing you will find to a Parenting Guide. Trust me. 

So if you are looking for a few new ideas on how to be a better parent, register for the course, but do it by Thursday, April 30th if you want it for free. (On May 1st it returns to regular price- $99.) For those who are interested, I am planning to host a parenting discussion after each module.  This will be a Zoom meeting where we can discuss the topics covered in the module and share with each other our experiences.  If you are interested, please let me know by completing this quick form: https://forms.gle/jyAUnN6PGeoEjaaFA.  I hope to schedule our first discussion by the end of next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment