Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Staying Positive!!



What a time to be alive, and believe me being alive is a special gift we wake up with every morning. One of my favorite quotes, "I once was sad because I had no shoes until I met the man who had no feet." In life everything is perspective. How you choose to look at it. During this unique time, it's important to stay positive. Families I understand you may be feeling overwhelmed, stressed and anxious, but take it one day at a time. Don't feel like you have to figure it all out or have all the answers. Self-care is very important. Take time to do something you always wanted to do like watch a movie, workout, cook a special dinner. Whatever it is enjoy that time. I know better days are coming and this will be over soon. We will grow from this experience and become better and stronger together. What can you do to self-care during this time? 
Image result for stay positive quotes 

28 Stay Positive Quotes And Positive Thinking Sayings 21

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mrs. Smith. I'm finding that many of our children are internalizing feelings with what's going on. For most of us, we've never experienced anything like this in our own lifetimes. With help from family, friends, school and mental health professionals, our babies will get through this. Would UA counselors consider doing a Group FaceTime a few times a week with students? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Yes some students will internalizing and overthink this situation. Encourage them to find a positive healthy distraction. Rather than focusing on something out of their control they should redirect that energy on something that will make them smile. The media doesn't help either. As parents we have to filter what information they receive. It's important to communicate with your child answering any questions and reassuring their fears. We are all learning as we go. We will make mistakes during this journey but never stop trying!
    Talking with students live sounds like a great idea. I do miss seeing them daily. They really crack me up and keep a smile on my face. I will discuss further with my team and administrator to see what we can come up with.

    ReplyDelete